It’s getting to be that time of year where you’re asked to “bring something” to a get together. Whenever I’m asked this question, I always make sure that it’s something that will be a “safety” food for me- meaning that if there aren’t a lot of other healthy options at the party, I know I can eat what I bring. This hemp hummus is huge hit at parties and get togethers. The hemp seeds add some Omega 3’s, provides fiber and healthy fat to reduce sugar cravings, and adds a delicious nutty flavor to the hummus. We love this hummus because of it’s unique flavor profile, simple instructions, and health promoting ingredients. Check out the recipe below- and be sure to make some extra because this tasty, fiber packed snack keeps in the fridge for up to 10 days!
To learn more about hemp seeds, click here!
- 1 ½ Cup Garbanzo Beans
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/3 and 3 Tbsp Cup Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp oregano
- Place all ingredients into the food processor or blender and process/blend at high speed until a smooth, creamy consistency is reached.
- Add more lemon juice or tahini if hummus is not combining well. Add more garlic and sea salt to taste.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve with fresh sliced veggies, whole grain or rice crackers, or use as a spread in a wrap or sandwich.