Happy New Year from Practical Nutrition!
We wanted to take this opportunity to encourage each and every one of you to reflect upon the past year. No matter what type of year it’s been for you, try to joyously celebrate the highs and acknowledge the lows as well. Set some time apart to be honest with yourself thinking about what you are proud of and what you might have done differently.
“Optimal health” is comprised of much more than what you eat or how you move your body. It’s about the way you perceive your self worth and how you value yourself and others around you. Don’t be too hard on yourself as you do some reflecting, and think past the immediate resolutions you are busy making, and focus more on new, healthier mindsets you want to carry with you into the new year. We love this list of “20 Resolutions Everyone Should Make” from www.mindbodygreen.com:
- Release what no longer serves you.
- Live less out of habit and focus on intent.
- Raise your standards.
- Look for the good in others instead of focusing on the bad.
- Be OK with not being OK.
- Look in the mirror and like what you see.
- Be kind to yourself when you’re learning something new.
- Be OK with not knowing. Learn to love the journey.
- Stop apologizing.
- Let love guide you.
- Stop rushing things that need time to grow.
- Know the difference between giving up and knowing when you’ve had enough. Let enough be enough.
- Travel to that place you keep thinking about. It’s in your heart for a reason.
- Trust yourself more.
- Let go of who you think you are so you become who you want to be.
- Be thankful for today.
- Don’t worry about how your life looks. Instead, focus on how it feels.
- Invite your inner child out to play daily.
- Let yourself be you.
- Stop trying so hard to get to where you think you should be and see you are exactly where you need to be.
Click here for a printable version of these great resolutions, and a list of “2014 Questions for Reflection” from www.morgandaycecli.com. These are fun to bring to a gathering or answer yourself as you reflect on the past year.
Also, it’s not too late to sign up long distance or in person for the “New Year, New You” detox program! Click here to learn more!
We look forward to being in touch with you all in 2015….we have so much to be excited about!
Have a happy and healthy New Year…
As always, stay well, eat well, and have a beautiful week!
Ana and Amanda
PS- For any existing or new client, mention the code “healthy2015″ on your next order or Practical Nutrition service anywhere from January 1st-january 15th and receive an extra 10% off your order or service!