I wanted to share a delicious and simple recipe that I have been making to have as meals or snacks. These egg muffins are great as an afternoon pick me up. They fill you up with protein and the healthy fat from the eggs leaves you feeling satisfied. Just pack them up in your lunch box and you will be all set!
Here is a link for the silicone muffins cups that I mentioned in the instructions. They are so worth buying. I use them all the time and nothing ever sticks. They are also great to make your own Reese’s with. Just melt dark chocolate and place in the bottom of the muffin cup. Then add 1/2 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter and pour a little more chocolate on top. Place in the freezer and if you used those silicone cups they pop right out.
Have a great weekend!
- .75lb of Organic Free Range Chicken Breast
- 6 large Organic Free Range Eggs
- ½ an Onion, chopped
- ⅛ cup Frank's Red Hot
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken breast seasoned with black pepper in a baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once the chicken is done (or if you are using leftovers) place in a large bowl and shred with 2 forks or chop up with a knife.* Add your ⅛ cup of hot sauce to the chicken and mix until all pieces are coated.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl and add garlic powder, oregano, and onions. Mix until even distributed.
- Fill silicone muffin cups halfway with egg mixture then fill the rest of the way with shredded buffalo chicken.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. Check at 20 minutes to see if browned on top. Bake for a few more minutes if not.