Unlike most pumpkin beverages you’ll undoubtedly be tempted by this season, this treat actually contains pumpkin (always make sure what you are eating/drinking contains what it says it is…label reading 101!) I made 2 of these lattes today and was tempted to make a third, but cleaning the blender 4 times in a day (I had a smoothie for breakfast) just seemed ridiculous (although we all know its been done before…)! Enjoy life, fall, family, friends, and treat your body and soul right with this yummy, creamy pumpkin chai latte!
- 2 chai tea bags (any type- I use organic tea whenever possible)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk (organic dairy milk is okay too)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Maple Syrup (or other sweetener of choice: honey, stevia, etc; amount used depends on your preference)
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- Boil your cup of water and steep the tea bags for about 7 minutes (less time if you don't want it as strong). Heat up almond milk until almost at a boil. Pour hot steeped tea, hot milk, and all other ingredients into your blender or magic bullet. Blend for 2 minutes on high or until mixture is frothy when blender is stopped. Start with a small amount of sweetener and adjust until desired sweetness is found. Dust top with cinnamon, nutmeg and dash of the sweetened you choose. Enjoy the comfort and warmth of this yummy, must have seasonal beverage without all the extra additives and sugar you will find else where!
As always, stay well, eat well, and have a beautiful week!