- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I use Almond Breeze)
- 4 scoops protein powder (I use Whey Pro Complete by Standard Process)
- 2 handfuls baby spinach (organic if possible)
- 1 TBS. coconut oil (I use Nutiva)
- 1 TBS. chia or hemp seeds (optional)
- Ice and water as desired
- 1/4 cup [url href=”http://www.foodforlife.com/products?tid_1=10&tid=All” target=”_blank”]Ezekial 4:9 cereal[/url] (found at any grocery or health food store)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt (Fage or Chobani)
- Frozen blueberries and coconut flakes as garnish
- 1-2 tsp. maple syrup (optional)
- Making the Smoothie: Blend together the first 8 ingredients until well combined; add ice and water until desired consistancy is reached. Don’t over blend; this leads to an “airy” smoothie. I leave the consistency for my breakfast bowl a bit thicker so I can spoon it like yogurt.
- Assembling the Bowl: Put 1/2 of the smoothie into a bowl. Top with the above ingredients to add some extra protein and fiber to your morning routine. Drizzle with 1 tsp. maple syrup if more sweetness is desired.
Practical Nutrition Meal Trackers:
Count 1 serving as 2 proteins, 1 carb, 1 fruit, 1 free veggie, and 1 fat