It can be hard to find a healthy dessert that leaves you feeling satisfied without spiking your blood sugar and sending you on an emotional roller coaster. I often find myself avoiding desserts all together because of how much they affect my mood, appetite, recovery from workouts, and sleep. I was thrilled when I discovered psyllium husk fiber. You can add it to a recipe to thicken the mixture. It makes the mixture gel and comes out like real pudding. It also adds a high quality fiber that helps keep you full and slows how quickly your body digests sugar. You can find the psyllium husk fiber at any health food store.
Most importantly, when eating desserts whether they are healthy or not, it is essential to listen to your body. Pay attention and enjoy the food you are eating and also notice if you are full or not. If so then put the fork/spoon down. You can always save it for another day. This will help keep your body in a balance and avoid overeating and cravings.
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 scoop Whey Protein
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Psyllium Husk Fiber
- 1/2 tsp Stevia
- Heat a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add all ingredients and mix until combined.
- Allow the mixture to come to a simmer and begin to gel. Remove pan from heat and put mixture in a glass bowl. Place in fridge for 30min to an hour.
- Top with fruit, almond butter, cacao nibs and/or unsweetened coconut flakes.