Granola is a delicious, convenient, and healthy snack when you get the right kind/make your own and eat it in the right amounts. I often look at different brands of granola when I’m at the grocery store in the hopes of finding one without a ton of added sugar and canola oil. I found one I liked but it is pretty expensive and didn’t have enough fat for my liking. So of course, I made my own and now I’m sharing it with all of you 🙂 This was my first batch and I plan on trying other flavors but WOW was it good! It does have maple syrup in it so if you are doing one of our purifications I would wait to make this until you are done. It makes a lot so it will last you a while too!
I like to eat with with some unsweetened almond milk like cereal!
- 5.5 cups dry Bob’s Red Mill Whole Rolled Gluten Free Oats
- 1 cup Raw Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups Shelled Walnuts
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Unsweetened Carob Chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine oats, chia seeds, and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix with hands until combined.
- Heat a small pot over medium heat and add in coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Heat until coconut oil melted.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture in large bowl and use your hands to make sure everything gets coated with the coconut oil and maple syrup. This way it will come out crunchy!
- Place granola on a baking sheet with parchment paper on it. Bake for 25 minutes then move granola around and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Let cool then mix in the carob chips.
- Store in a glass, airtight container in a cool, dry space.